It is with enormous pride we congratulate two of Mazenod College’s past students who have competed in the 2021 Tokyo Olympics. This is not Damien Schumann’s first international competition. In fact he won a Gold medal competing in beach volleyball, with teammate Chris McHugh at the 2018 Commonwealth Games held on the Gold Coast. Unfortunately, they did not come home with a medal, but it was a stellar performance all the same.
Jeff Riseley travelled to Tokyo to compete in his fourth Olympic Games. Jeff ran the 800m heat 4, in an impressive time of 1:45.41, missing out qualifying for the final by just 0.11 seconds.
Well done gentlemen, you’ve made the Mazenod Community proud!Back to news
SIMILAR NEWS STORIES
- Premier’s Award 2020
- Founders’ Day at Mazenod College
- Mazenod College embraces Visible Wellbeing
- House Athletics Day
- Mazenod College VCE Results
- Mazenod Visual Arts Virtual Galleries
- Steve Tynan Memorial Service
- Year 12 Graduation
- Chess Champs 2020!
- 2019 Mazenod College Annual Report
- Mazenod Excellence Awards
- A Message from College Captain Dylan Peiris
- NASA Student Space program a huge success
- Forty-plus reasons to celebrate: the schools that excelled in science and humanities
- VCE Results for 2019
- NASA CASE Space Program
- Australian Catholic Youth Festival