Important information about enrolment at Mazenod College
Mazenod College is a Catholic Regional Archdiocesan Boys Secondary College covering Years 7 to 12 and is administered by the Oblates of Mary Immaculate which was founded in 1967.
All enrolment enquiries are to be made to:
PO Box 286
Telephone: 03 9560 0911
Fax: 03 9562 2442
Year 7 2020 – Assessment testing – Saturday 14 September 2019
Enrolled students are invited to the college for an assessment morning. The results of this testing is confidential and allows us to direct our teaching to individual strengths and help identify needs of each student. At no time do the results of these tests affect the student’s enrolment at the college.
Year 7 2021 – Applications close Friday 23 August 2019
Please forward completed Enrolment Form and Registration Fee of $50.00 to the college by close of business Friday 23rd August 2019.
Applications will be accepted at any time prior to this date.
Year 7 2021 – Family Interviews for all applicants – August / September 2019
You and your son will be invited to the college to attend an interview. This interview will provide us with the opportunity to speak with you and your son, to get to know your family, your son’s goals/needs and for us to answer any of your questions. Any specific circumstances may be discussed in confidence at this time.
Each year we try to ensure the integrity of our student numbers are at the optimum capacity. It is imperative that we keep our student numbers accurate to commit to the programmes of the college. To assist with this, we request families complete a re-enrolment form stating intentions for the following year.
On the re-enrolment of my son(s) at Mazenod College, I accept all the rules and regulations of the college as provided to me at initial enrolment and I shall co-operate with the principal of the college in enforcing them.
In particular I am aware:
- That by the end of 2019, my fees will be paid in full, or an arrangement has been made.
- Of my obligation to set an example to my son in the practice of my Catholic Faith (for non-Catholic families of the importance of God or spirituality in my life);
- That I will try to the best of my ability to support Mission Action Day at the college;
- Of the necessity of promoting an atmosphere in the home which is conducive to the moral, academic, social and physical development of my son;
- That full and correct uniform is a compulsory requirement for all students and I will endeavour to ensure that my son is correctly dressed for all school occasions, including a suitably clean, tidy and neat haircut. Extensions, colouring and undercuts are unacceptable;
- That whilst a member of the college, he will participate in camps, field excursions, day trips, research projects, sports training and competitive events as part of the continuing education programmes of the college. Where required he will represent the college in the Associated Catholic Colleges school sporting competition. Such representation will take priority over other sporting involvements;
- That he may be photographed for school information and publicity purposes. Furthermore, permission is given for such photographs to be used in school promotional material including articles in the media that mention Mazenod College, in school publications such as The Mazenodian, in the Prospectus or on the website, and in other forms of advertising;
- The school may also use cloud computing service providers to store personal information (which may include sensitive information) on their servers in the ‘cloud’. These servers may be located in or outside Australia. This may mean that personal information may be stored or processed outside Australia. For Example, Google ‘Suite’ and Integrated Catholic Online Network (ICON);
- It is part of my responsibility to support the work of the Parents Committees in various forms;
- That my son will not seek external scholarships and is committed to remain at Mazenod College until his graduation.
Students and families are expected to commit to the values and programmes of the college. Those who are unable to do so will not necessarily be re-enrolled.
Request a prospectus
A reminder that enrolments for Year 7 2021 will close on August 23rd, 2019.
If you would like to be sent a prospectus call (03) 9560 0911 or email email@example.com and include your name, postal address and a contact phone number.