Student Counselling Services
The Student Counselling Service operates within the context of a ‘whole of College’ approach to providing pastoral care to students. Thus, the pastoral support of students occurs at a level and intensity that is consistent with their needs and issues.
Within this context, Mazenod’s Student Counselling Service is available to assist students, their parents and staff with a range of issues inclusive of, but not limited to:
- Relationships And Social Issues (i.e. Peer Pressure)
- Self-Esteem Issues
- Grief And Loss
- Stress Management
- Anger Management
- Developmental Disorders
- Drug And Alcohol Issues
The provision of supports by the Student Counselling Service can take the form of:
- Individual Counselling Sessions
- Group Support
- Secondary Consultation With Staff
- Family Work
- Working with teaching staff to assist in the delivery of proactive programs to enhance the wellbeing of the school community. For instance, education programs relating to mental health issues, social skills, drug and alcohol awareness, etc.
- Where appropriate, referral to appropriate community-based services.